Parenting in Baby’s First Year, free for Rowan County, NC, men and women.
In 6 modules, once a week for 6 weeks, you and your partner or co-parent (if applicable) will learn research-based information about:
- Positive discipline skills, calming an infant (1.5 hours)
- Teaching through the everyday and play (1.5 hours)
- Physical care of an infant; sleep and feeding needs (1 hour)
- Safety, at home and away (1 hour)
- Common illnesses, when to call the doctor (1 hour)
- Caring for yourself and relationships (1 hour)
You’ll come away with a deeper understanding of your baby’s development, ways to help them get a good start toward reaching their potential, knowledge of what actually “spoils” a child, and the confidence that research backs up the parenting strategies you’ll be using.
What participants say:
“Very progressive and updated. The instructor explained and answered all of my questions.”
“One thing I liked about class was Margaret’s personal input and care. [Others were that it was] virtual, convenient evening times, a real person to talk with, Margaret was perfect!”
(When Baby’s Home participants, January 2020)
Classes may be scheduled for groups, couples, or individuals at a day and time convenient for you, on demand throughout the year.
Click here to send email to sign up.
- Free book-a-month, delivered to your home until baby is 5 years old;
- Lending Library for Toys, $10/year
- Play Groups for Caregivers & Children to 5 years old, free